On April 29th - We are going to change the world
The Global Night Commute
I care only because I don't think i deserve to sit back in luxury and self-comfort when I've already seen in the documentary how much pain and suffering those Invisible Children in Uganda have to put through. Because if we do nothing, these kids die. Everyday, 130 of them die because people choose apathy and stability. Can we just pretend that all is fine when it's really not? Should I just care about my upcoming fight or getting on with Poly education? Honestly, I don't think so. Because life is so much larger than that, life is meant to be protected, defended, and promoted for all - the fact of achieving equality for every child regardless of race and in that matter, I believe in saving kids and I believe we can make a difference with our every little effort; in raising awareness - talking about it, or donating, writing songs about it, making posters, setting up websites, making films, going out onto the streets. It's really about awareness. You know you're capable of helping because all of us are talented in different ways. So please, step out of that comfort zone. Save their lives.
I guess from words sometimes it's really hard to speak. That's why I bought the Invisible Children DVD and I want everyone - my friends, and even anyone else whom i've not seen or might know to watch it because it's not about myself or my pleasure - It's about that pigeonhole of catastrophe those kids in Uganda are having to put up with. So yes with pictures, and sounds, and real-life testimonies and moving images I guess it will touch you much more than I can try to convince over here at my blog.
Please message me on my guestbook, or mail me, or whatever if you're interested in screening Invisible Children to your friends, your family, your community at Church or whatsoever. I wouldn't mind but i'm just begging that you do not charge and please look after my DVD. If you've got a bigger heart - go straight to www.invisiblechildren.com and buy yourself a DVD and in that sense YOU are making a difference by lending some kind of financial support to the people at IC San Diego and Uganda.
It's Easter and I guess the post has met with significance. Cause being caring and giving is Christ-like. Jesus rose from the dead to light the world - not to keep us in cages of cynicism and self-centeredness, and materialistic pleasures. Go out, spread the word.
Save a life today. (:
i would catch the stars for you,
because you are so special to me,
you are and i hope so you know.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment